Friday 21 January 2011

'Cocktails, Cream Teas & Cake' - Joanna

I wrote this post for my blog just before we went away to Cornwall which was out first trip of the year, the trip was brilliant fun we will be posting the photos and news from this very soon.  One of our main aims was to get the BLOG up and running, I am chuffed to think that within 3 days it was done.  I had never even used BLOGGER which is what we used to set this up.  If you are starting out and don't have a blog I urge to make one it will take a couple of hours to set up and then you are away - magic....

I love the New Year it really is exciting time to be able to put in some groundwork before the season starts it is the quietest time in the Wedding photographers calendar (allegedly) I am seizing the opportunity with Debs Ivelja, Emma Case & Anna Hardy to head down to a cottage in deepest darkest Cornwall.  It is kind of holiday in one respect but it also serves a purpose, together we have 4 busy photography business' that we each run and we all try hard to keep our work fresh, exciting and inspired; so our aim is to re-charge our creative batteries, talk shop and generate new and exciting ideas together.

I will be taking my camera, my sketch book, my ideas book, lots of paper and blue tack to stick ideas up on the wall... it will be a melting pot of ideas and more ideas.  We call ourselves 'From our Heart' and are in the process of setting up a BLOG, we all recognise the importance of being able to interact with like-minded individuals to try things out, run things past another person, develop our ideas and also have a great time, to share and in some kind of way to nurture each other.  I have always had a sketchbook and ideas book on the go and I allow myself to just experiment and dream, my house is full of books and images to inspire and excite my eyes.  I can't wait for the next few days it really will be an adventure even from finding the place in the dark I know that it will not all be work, on our list of things to bring are cocktail shaker, hot chocolate, slippers, wine, cake scrabble, music and our hearts of course...






No comments:

Post a Comment